Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dead Rising Blonde

Hello once again.

Today I'll be showing some details on a new pic i just got done. It's fan art for the game Dead Rising on the XBox360. There is a blond in there that is mighty pretty, I'm sure those that have played the game can agree with me.
OK so above is the black and white image i used to color. Before i go any further, i should mention that for this drawing, I took a different approach to inking it. I scanned it in at 300dpi in Photoshop, then adjusted the levels of the image like normal, but once that was done, i took it into illustrator. In there i used their live trace feature to ink the image which turned out very nice.
Alright, so for coloring it's back in Photoshop and on with the cell shading style. This time, i tried to keep the colors very close to their light and darker sides. I also tried to blend in reflective colors in the mid-tone color to add that sense of 3d to the image. It does seem to make the drawing "POP" more. If you'll notice i also added in some thing taking away her panties(Ooo scary zombies. . or just frank). They look more like they are hanging than being taken away personally. So more to work on.

Here is the finished piece. Big jump, i know. Well a background was added. I also took the image into the Curves feature and darken it up a bit to add some more life to it. I also did the "knockout" feature with my line art to make Her isolated from well. . .the bg and her clothes all compact into herself. makes no sense, just i think you understand what I'm saying. Cheers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what settings did you use on the live trace and is that B&W the results of that or is that the before? I've played around with live trace, but never found it satisfactory. I end up tracing everything with the pen tool. I think if you cropped it tighter, the background might not seem so blah. Looks awesome as always.

Keep Rockin!

Locke Belmont said...

"Sean"

The live trace setting was on Comic. It was my understanding that the comic setting allows for darker lines and a crisp edge.

I'm not too sure though