Saturday, September 13, 2008

Cow Butt and All.

Hello once again.

Today I'm going to show my recent picture called "Irish Cow Girl" I did this in pencil some 2 yrs back. I just about two weeks ago decided to ink and color the image. So here is the finished piece.
The image took about 6 hours to do about 8 total if you include the inking process. In the original drawing (below), i did not have a second- to-last finger drawn in. It originally was to be on the top of the fence she is leaning on, I forgot about that till i was all finished with the image. Also i wanted the word "BELT" to be on her belt buckle, but after a few tries it did not seem to fit right so i scrapped that idea and left it as is. Not half bad if i do say so myself. . and I do.
Lastly, as you can tell the nose is different in the pencil than in the inked and final version. For some reason she looked a lot better is it simplified. I like the detail but after some looking back and forth between the two, it's nice and she looks cuter i personally think. Other than that, her butts too big and body too long some folks have stated, I'll be sure to work on that more as i draw other things. Thanks again for stopping by.

No comments: